I am a big fan of Mexican food, and when entertaining, love to cook up a Fiesta. This is an excellent recipe adapted from one I had seen on the TV show, The Best Thing I Ever Ate…on a stick! Epazote is a strong smelling herb, popular in traditional Mexican recipes. This recipe is a sweet and spicy side dish and pairs beautifully with my Sizzling Pork Tacos and Salsa Cruda.
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 4 ears corn, in husks
- 8 sprigs epazote
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/3 cups crumbled cotija cheese
- 4 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add corn and epazote, and cook (adding more water, if necessary) until corn is tender, about 1 hour. Remove from water and let the corn cool briefly.
- Peel back husks and spread 1 tbsp. butter evenly over each ear, then brush with 2 tbsp. mayonnaise and sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese and 1 tsp. chile powder.
- Serve with lime wedges.