Pastry Chef Joe Trull created this recipe while working as Emeril Lagasse’s pastry chef. He and his wife now own Grits & Groceries in South Carolina.
White Chocolate Cashew Pie
- 1 nine-inch pie shell
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup good quality white chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs with the salt until light. Whisk in the sugar, corn syrups and vanilla.
- Spread white chocolate and cashews evenly in the bottom of the pie shell.
- Pour filling over the top and place pie in the middle of the oven.
- Turn the temperature down to 325 degrees and bake for 30 minutes.
- Rotate the pie in the oven and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until the pie jiggles firmly when shaken.
- Allow to cool and serve with fresh whipped cream.