The folks at True Lemon sent each member of Virtual Potluck a set of their products for us to sample. I was hesitant at first, living in Florida, citrus capital, but decided to give it a try as my readers live all over the world, and many don’t always have access to to fresh local produce.
I was pleasantly surprised by the versatility of the product, and how often I was reaching for it.
- I sprinkled True Lemon and True Lime into my Guacamole.
- I added True Lime to mashed avocado before freezing it. An idea from the folks that supplied the product.
- I used True Lemon on local fish that I grilled, and True Lime in my shrimp cocktail sauce, as well as my lime pie.
- I used all of the citrus products at different times in San Pellegrino water for a refreshing drink.
- I gave samples of the True products to my parents to try with good feedback from them.
The True Citrus family of products do not contain artificial sweeteners, and have no preservatives, colors, sodium, or gluten. They have 5 calories or less, and 1 carb. They also have 25 percent of an adult’s daily Vitamin C requirement!
Visit our host blog Cooking With Books for more ideas on how to use True Citrus, and for more chances to enter the giveaway!
Key Lime Pie
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick butter) melted
- 2 (14-ounce) cans condensed milk
- 8 True Lime packets or the juice of 4 limes
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter with your hands. Press the mixture firmly into a 9-inch pie pan, and bake until brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before filling.
Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
In a separate bowl, combine the condensed milk, true lime packets, and eggs. Whisk until well blended and place the filling in the cooled pie shell. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Once chilled, combine the sour cream and powdered sugar and spoon around the edge of the pie, or over the top of the pie using a spatula. Sprinkle the lime zest as a garnish on top of the sour cream and serve chilled.
True Citrus Giveaway (ENDED)
Want to try these great products for yourself? You are in luck! All of the bloggers in Virtual Potluck are giving away a True Lemon gift set! It includes a box of True Lemon, True Lime, True Orange, True Grapefruit, True Lemonade, True Raspberry Lemonade, True Lemon shaker, True Lime shaker and a t-shirt.
Giveaway Rules and How to Enter
Your comment is your entry! The contest is open to US mailing addresses only.
The winner will be chosen by random.org, and the prize will be shipped by True Lemon. The contest ends Sunday, March 18th, 2012 at 12:00 pm.