Mardi Gras Omelette-
adapted from Another Broken Egg recipe
photo: Another Broken Egg
Eggs 6 oz.
Andouille Sausage 2 oz.
Crawfish Tails 2 oz.
Red Peppers, diced 1 oz.
Green Onions, diced 1oz. +1tsp.
Hollandaise sauce 2 oz.
Salsa 1 oz.
Diced tomatoes (garnish) 1 tbsp
Potatoes 6 oz.
English Muffin 1 ea
Butter 1 oz
Tarragon 1/8 tsp
Orange Garnish 2 slices
1. In an omelette skillet over medium high heat sauté andouille and peppers until peppers soften.
2. Add crawfish and green onions and continue cooking for an additional 30 seconds.
3. Add eggs and reduce heat to medium.
4. Cook until edges bubble and start to solidify. Lift the edges to allow loose eggs underneath. Once omelette loosens from the pan, flip.
5. Turn heat to low or off and allow to finish cooking in hot skillet.
6. Fold omelette into a brown skillet.
7. Mix hollandaise, tarragon, and salsa until well blended and pour evenly over omelette.
8. Garnish with diced tomatoes and green onions.
9. Place skillet on an oval platter with potatoes, buttered and toasted English muffin, and orange garnish.