Bacon is beloved to many, and a favorite ingredient used in creative and innovative ways. This recipe is one that has a genius twist, as instead of relying on a bowl, tortilla shells or bread as a vessel for your food, you can use bacon! Here is how to make bacon cups.
5 to 7 bacon strips per “cup”
Your choice of food to fill each cup with.
Turkey, Swiss and Sauteed Mushrooms
Lettuce and Tomatoes (BLT)
Spinach, Chopped Eggs, and Toasted Pecans
Cheddar cheese & Egg scramble
Macaroni & Cheese
- Preheat the Oven to 400 degrees
- Turn a regular sized muffin tin upside down using convex side for molding
- Lay foil over muffin mound using as many as you need for cups
- Weave the bacon over the mounds, repeat with side weaving. Use leaner bacon to avoid shrinkage.
- Bake for 15 minutes and monitor crispness.
- Cool and remove from foil
- Fill your cups! I like the BLT with my Chipotle RanchDressing.
Note: Do not use cooking spray on the foil as the cups will not hold their shape, and be sure to put a cookie sheet with a rim below the cooking bacon in the oven to catch bacon drippings! Use mini muffin tins for appetizers.
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
1 chipotle chile from a can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
Place all ingredients in a blender; cover then blend until smooth. Use immediately or refrigerate in a covered container. Dressing may be kept, refrigerated, for up to one week.
Bacon Cup Recipe and Photo credit by NotMartha.com