Grown-up milkshakes are all the rage today, and restaurants like Marina Kitchen in San Diego, and The Tin Cow in Downtown Pensacola are serving them up with style. I’m old school and have always been a fan of the Bushwacker, a Gulf Coast favorite, topped with a shot of 151 rum. Though temps are unpredictable in the Florida Panhandle, this chilly milkshake will be a hit any time of year, especially at your holiday party! Leave out the kick for the kids to enjoy too, and go crazy serving this shake with a side of thick sliced bacon on a stick! Peppered, Candied, etc, your call. My favorite is Benton Bacon, adding to the smoky goodness of the Makers Mark in the shake. Enjoy!
Maker’s Mark Milkshake
- 1-1/2 parts Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
- 1-1/2 cups butter pecan ice cream, packed
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecans
- 1/4 vanilla bean, scraped, seeds only, or ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Lyle’s Golden Syrup or Vermont maple syrup. Could change it up and go with Steen’s too.
- caramel syrup
Place all ingredients in a blender. Puree on the highest speed until smooth and creamy. Pour into a large pint glass or two 8-ounce glasses, top with whipped cream, drizzle with caramel syrup and serve with a side of sliced bacon; immediately.