Makes 1 1/2 Cups
- 1/2 cup black or brown mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1 cup stout
- 1 cup dry mustard powder (such as Coleman’s)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a glass container, combine the mustard seeds with the beer. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 48 hours; make sure all the seeds are covered in liquid.
- Transfer the seeds and liquid to a food processor and add the mustard powder, water, granulated sugar, salt, allspice, turmeric and nutmeg. Process until the seeds become creamy, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Store the mustard in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2 to 3 weeks before using. The mustard will keep for up to one month.