When you have had a busy day at the beach and don’t feel like going out again, this is a super easy and tasty recipe to just pop in the oven. Everyone will love it, and clean up is easy too! I serve this dish with steamed broccoli and french bread as sides. Bon appetit!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh chive chives, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, butterflied
- 4 slices good market cut bacon (I really like Benton Bacon, Madisonville, TN)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, chives, and garlic. Divide the mixture into 4 balls.
- Place 1 cream cheese ball in the center of each butterflied chicken breast half. Fold the chicken over the cream cheese, wrap with a slice of bacon, and secure with toothpicks. Arrange the chicken in a baking dish. Pour the butter over the chicken.
- Bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bacon is crisp and the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.