My husband requested Brussel Sprouts for Thanksgiving dinner, and I knew right away my go to recipe. Easy to prepare, it includes bacon which is a no brainer!
You can use olive oil instead of bacon fat for these sprouts. Simply make sure to coat each piece well so the sprouts don’t dry out. Use a pan that’s large enough so the sprouts aren’t piled on top of each other, which ensures that they’ll cook evenly.
- 1/2 pound thick sliced bacon, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels Sprouts
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450˚. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and reserve. Turn off the heat, add the Brussels sprouts, and stir to coat with bacon drippings.
2. Put the pan in the oven and roast for 10 minutes. Remove the sprouts from the oven. Sprinkle with the bacon and season with salt and pepper.
Disclaimer: These were so good my husband has requested them again for Christmas, and were made in my trusty cast iron pan!