College football is back! And, September 9 we celebrated our daughters wedding that had to be planned abound Alabama Football.
Though it did take place on a game day, apparently it was not one to significant, so we were allowed to proceed with her wedding plans, and living on the Gulf Coast, oysters were a big part of the day.
If looking for a new recipe for tailgating, check this one out. It is sure to be a huge hit at your next watch party, or gathering, especially since it is topped with our family favorite, Conecuh sausage.
- 1 dozen Fresh Gulf Oysters, shucked and on the half-shell
- 2 cups fresh spinach, julienned
- 1 cup Conecuh sausage, chopped
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs, buttered and seasoned
- ¼ cup Shallots, finely chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup Butter sauce (substitute Béarnaise mix from grocery store)
- 2 dashes Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 Lemon
- To taste Kosher salt
- To taste Fresh ground pepper
Add some lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice over the final product and you’re ready to eat.