Perfect Game time tailgating food! This recipe is adapted from my friend at Martie Knows Parties. Serve with some of my Spicy Chili or Potato Soup and your friends will be in the Comfort Zone!
- 3 packages Pepperidge Farms Party Rolls, or Sister Schubert Dinner Rolls
- 1 pound ham, shredded (great to use leftover if on hand)
- 1/2 pound good Swiss cheese like gruyere, finely grated
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons creole mustard or deli mustard
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- Salt and pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400
- Prep the rolls by removing them from the tray and slicing them in half. Do not separate the individual rolls. Put the bottom back in the tray. Cover until later.
- Grate the Swiss cheese
- Prep the ham by putting it into the food processor to shred it. Remove to a bowl.
- Put the onion the food processor and finely chop. Add the butter, mustard, Worcestershire, S&P, cayenne, and the poppy seeds; whir until it is a spreadable consistency.
- Leaving the bottom in the tray, spread the top and the bottom of the rolls with the mixture. Add a layer of ham and a layer of cheese. Put the top on. Dab a little butter here and there on top. Cover the entire tray with foil and wrap tightly. Bake until toasty and cheese melts… about 20 minutes.
- Slice in-between the rolls with a serrated knife and serve warm.